It is a sad fact that people generally aspire to lose weight for the superficial and cosmetic advantages of “looking good”. While any effort to lose excess fat is praiseworthy, such people often forget that carrying excess weight is actually an open invitation to various health problems. Heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes and even stroke – these are some of the major implications of being obese. Thus, if you are obese, then you need to lose weight now!
“But how?” you declare. You are not at all interested in joining a gym, you are tired of various dieting ‘fads’ and dumbbells bore you to death. Is it possible to lose weight at home?
The answer will surprise you!
There are ingredients in your kitchen right now which – if properly used – can help you gradually lose weight. These ingredients are completely natural, having no known side effects. You can make the necessary concoctions right at home. Packed with potent fat-reducing properties, these home remedies will become your faithful companions in your journey away from Obesity and towards complete fitness!
Home remedies for Obesity
1. Lemon juice: It is the age-old remedy to combat the buildup of excess fat. The citric acid present in lemon juice helps to improve digestion while speeding up the metabolism of fat cells. It is a rich source of vitamin C, which is required for burning fat deposits. Lemon juice also removes toxins and bodily waste matter which may slow down metabolism.
• Mix three teaspoons of lemon juice, one teaspoon of honey, and one-half teaspoon of black pepper
powder in one glass of water.
• Drink it after waking up in the morning on an empty stomach.
• Do this daily for at least three months.
2. Green tea:One of the primary reasons for the rising consumption of green tea around the world is its ability to promote weight loss. Researchers have found that green tea contains Epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) which helps to slow down weight gain by restricting fat absorption. It also improves the body’s ability to burn fat cells.
• Take 1 teaspoon of green tea in a teapot.
• Pour 1 cup of hot water into it.
• Leave the mixture for about 2 minutes.
• Strain the mixture and remove the residue.
• Drink the fluid slowly.
• Do this thrice a day.
3. Curry leaves:This is a widely available aromatic herb which is frequently used in Indian cuisine. Regular consumption of these leaves stimulates digestive enzymes and helps to break down food particles. This enhances the metabolic rate of your digestive system.
• Cut 10 – 12 curry leaves into small pieces.
• Sprinkle them into a cup of buttermilk.
• Stir well.
• Drink it early in the morning and remember to chew the leaves thoroughly.
4. Mint leaves:Classical Ayurvedic texts mention mint leaves as an effective way to combat Obesity. The fragrance of mint leaves helps to control appetite and moderate the sensation of hunger. It reinvigorates the mind and promotes alertness, further reducing the incidence of mindless snacking.
• Take a bunch of fresh mint leaves.
• Add a pinch of salt and put it in a mixer-grinder. Grind it until it becomes a thick paste.
• Add the paste to a glass of water.
• Mix it well.
• Drink it after every meal.
5. Cinnamon:It increases metabolism of glucose, which moderates the sugar level in the blood. This in turn prevents the body from storing excess fat.
• Take quarter teaspoon of cinnamon powder and mix it with 1 teaspoon of honey.
• Add the mixture to 1 cup of hot water.
• Mix it well.
• Let it cool down a bit.
• Drink it slowly.
• Do this twice a day.
By Khalid Md. Saifullah
Editor-in-Chief: Health Companion
Note: Being at the forefront of treating chronic diseases, Naturoveda Health World utilises the unique combination of Fundamentals of Ayurveda, Unani and Therapeutic Yoga. These time-tested procedures not just tackle the symptoms, but also eradicate the root cause of the disease. The Naturovedic treatment is completely safe, highly effective and pocket-friendly as well. To contact Naturoveda, call on 1800 258 6666 (Toll free) or WhatsApp at +91 96744 26666.